It happens every year. You tear off the wrapping paper (or maybe you peel it off slowly because it’s the “adult” way to open gifts). You open the box. And you find… a new can opener! Remember that one time your aunt was over and you couldn’t open that can of chick peas? She’s thoughtfully made sure that never happens again!
No one likes to be on the receiving end of a bad gift. But it’s even worse to know you were the giver of a bad gift. Luckily, Elaine’s Flower Shoppe helps to prevent the bad-gift blues by stocking a huge number of fail-proof options for the holidays.
Need some gift ideas that don’t involve getting those special people in your life a kitchen utensil?
1) Jewelry . Ladies love jewelry. Loads of earrings, necklaces, rings and bracelets line shelf after shelf here. It’s like going to a jewelry party at your aunt’s house, only the jewelry is surprisingly inexpensive and no one forces you to try on 13 necklaces at once because “that’s the style these days.” Along with the jewelry you’ll also find gorgeous scarves in classic styles. You could get a deserving lady friend a set of earrings, a necklace, and a scarf, and still walk out for less than $50.
2) Noelle Nap Wrap . Wears like a wrap, feels like a throw. Kind of like a Snuggie™, but not embarrassing to admit you own and wear nightly.
3) Custom gift baskets . Choose from a display of pre-made gift baskets. Or for someone who wants an entire basket filled with caramel popcorn or loves anything with a snowman on it, Elaine’s will prepare custom gift baskets to a theme of your choosing. The store is filled with delicious candy, cookies, coffees and teas, lotions, and cuddly stuffed animals to help you please even the most finicky of gift recipients.
4) Flowers . Like jewelry, ladies also love getting flowers. Custom arrangements, along with live potted plants, mean you can get exactly what you want. If the amazingly fresh smell in our store hasn’t convinced you that everyone needs fresh flowers in their houses, you should see a doctor. You can also purchase an adorable, animal-shaped ceramic planter to fill with your choice of flowers or plant — perfect to start passing on the gift of trying to keep something alive to the younger generations. Let the experts at Elaine’s put together a unique and gorgeous holiday arrangement sure to brighten anyone’s holiday spirit.
5) Speaking of holiday décor , Elaine’s has an incredible array of it. Anyone on your list a new homeowner? Newlywed? Do you walk into a friend’s house at Christmas and wonder why he thinks a poinsettia in the corner counts as decorating? For that Grinchy friend or niece who put up her first Christmas tree this year only to realize that she only had three ornaments to hang on it, Elaine’s can help you purchase decorations to spruce up (get it? Spruce trees?) any room for the holidays. You no longer have to feel uncomfortable that your snowman sweater is the most festive thing in the room. Tree ornaments make great hostess gifts. The beautiful light-up wreaths last year after year and are elegant enough to stay on the door well beyond just the Christmas season.
As Elaine herself says, “ if you can’t find what you’re looking for here, you don’t know what you’re looking for. ”
Moms are special. That’s why we have a day to celebrate them. No one will ever love you like your mother does. She deserves something special this Mother’s Day, don’t you think? Anyone can go online, find a stock bouquet that looks kind of pretty, and send it to her mother on Mother’s Day. And your mom would love it, because she loves you. But your mom is unique. Your mom deserves a bouquet that highlights whatever it is about her that makes her so unique.
This year for Mother’s Day, Elaine’s Flower Shoppe has created special arrangements to honor different types of moms. Does your mom love to garden? Is she constantly planning events and get-togethers? Is she happiest when she’s celebrating her loved ones’ achievements? This year, honor what really makes your mom special with one of these handcrafted arrangements.
Do you have support staff that helps you get through the day? Are you support personnel who helps someone else get through the day? Administrative Professionals’ Day is coming up April 23 and it’s a great opportunity to say thanks or be thanked.
Did you know that there are more than four million administrative assistants and more than eight million total administrative support workers employed in the US? That’s a lot of people whose jobs are often to thanklessly ensure that an executive’s day runs smoothly.
If you’ve ever worked in an administrative support position, you know that a typical day could include anything from coffee runs to office “security” to supply inventory and everything in between. If you forget to update a calendar an important meeting might be missed or double booked. If you wait one day too long to re-order copier paper, those super-important client memos might not be ready in time for the big meeting. And if you do everything right, and pay all the bills, and answer all the phone calls, and throw away all the junk mail, and keep an impeccable calendar, and record flawless expense reports, sometimes the best thing that happens is…no one realizes how much effort that took.
If you’re a supervisor or manager and you have support staff working on all that “little” stuff for you, you may not realize the insane attention to detail and diligence it requires to do it well. Working an administrative role certainly isn’t the same today as it’s portrayed in an episode of Mad Men, but think about it – when is the last time you REALLY said thank you to the support staff who, if they’re doing their job well enough, you might not even realize are working so hard?
Who has the best April Fool’s prank story? Victim or perpetrator. Go to our Facebook page and tell us about it on the comments. Best prank wins free flowers.
The contest starts now, and ends Wednesday, April 2 at 11:59pm. Get pranking!
Fine print: Winner will receive a gift certificate for a mixed bouquet, valued at $30. Winner will be chosen at the discretion of Elaine’s Flower Shoppe. Delivery is not included. You can pick up your prize in store at 2365 George Urban Blvd. in Depew. Or, we can deliver it to your location of choice for an additional charge.
This promotion is sponsored by Elaine’s Flower Shoppe, and is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the promotion should be directed to us, the sponsor, not Facebook. But really, no one likes a complainer. Especially when you’re winning free stuff.
Elaine’s Flower Shoppe is giving away free flowers to everyone who wants them! Come. On. Down.
Don’t you just love April Fools’ Day jokes (when you’re not on the receiving end)? Just to be clear, we are NOT giving away free flowers to everyone. We do, however, frequently hold contests with flowers as prizes, so if this headline got your attention we recommend you pay attention to our Facebook page. In fact, we’re holding an April Fools’ Day contest this week. But you’ll have to visit our Facebook page for that.
Ever wonder how the tradition of April Fools’ Day started?
This March has been more like “in like a lion, out like a different lion.” Things like longer days, warmer weather, and fresh flowers are helping to put a little spring in our step here at Elaine’s. What is it about this time of the year that helps put a little spring in your step?
Go to our Facebook page
and in a comment, tell us how you’re putting a little spring in your step.
The contest starts now, and ends Monday, March 24 at 11:59pm. Good Luck!
Fine print: Winner will receive a gift certificate for a mixed bouquet, valued at $30. Winner will be chosen at the discretion of Elaine’s Flower Shoppe. Delivery is not included. You can pick up your prize in store at 2365 George Urban Blvd. in Depew. Or, we can deliver it to your location of choice for an additional charge.This promotion is sponsored by Elaine’s Flower Shoppe, and is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the promotion should be directed to us, the sponsor, not Facebook. But really, no one likes a complainer. Especially when you’re winning free stuff.
Spring is here! March 20 marks the first official day of spring. There’s an old saying about March – in like a lion, out like a lamb. Depending on where you live in the country, March has been more like a transmogrifying monster. One day a fiend, the very next day a friend. It 50° and sunny right back into 18 ° and snowy the next day. It’s kind of like the killer rabbit from Monty Python and the Holy Grail – just when you start to think how gentle it is, it tries to kill you.
OK, so that might be an exaggeration. But it’s no secret that this winter has been one of the worst in recent history, and the first day of spring still looks an awful lot like winter in most parts of the country. It’s giving a new meaning to the term “March Madness,” in that most people who check the weather in the morning are consistently mad about the reports. Especially in the Buffalo, NY area, the Elaine’s Flower Shoppe headquarters.
A few weeks ago we wrote about ways to trick yourself, your family, and your home into thinking it’s already spring. Today is simply an ode to spring; all the things we love about spring that help give every day that little bit of extra cheer we’ve been missing since orange and red leaves starting falling from the trees. We’re ready for some spring in our step (and we don’t mean those sneakers that are supposed to help “shape” your rear end).
It’s hard to believe St. Patrick’s Day is only a few days away. The perpetual snow storms and cold temperatures have us feeling like we’re stuck in January. (If you’re sitting at home longing for some signs of spring, check out our Do It Yourself Guide to Pretending it’s Already Spring .)
How many times have you thought “ just my luck ” as you’re stuck in a snow bank or another blizzard hits as soon as you get your driveway cleared?
We know it’s been a long winter. We get it. That’s why we’re offering a chance for one lucky fan to win an Irish arrangement.
Go to our Facebook page and in a comment, tell us your reason why you could use a little bit of luck.
The contest starts now, and ends Monday, March 17 at 11:59pm. Good Luck!
All over the country, this winter can be described using two words: The Worst. In Buffalo especially, it seems we’ve been faced with one of two weather situations for the last few months:
Buffalonians are tough, and we can certainly handle more than our share of cold, snowy weather. But after Polar Vortex take II hit last week, even some of the toughest Buffalo denizens started to waver in their tolerance for driving through weather that nearly every other part of the country would call “The Apocalypse.”
If you’re sitting at home longing for some real signs of spring (and wondering how Punxatawny Phil had the audacity to suggest that there might only be six weeks left of winter), here is a Do It Yourself guide to pretending it’s already spring.
Even though Elaine’s Flower Shoppe made it our mission to make Valentine’s Day as easy as when you were a kid, we know that there are still occasions when people are the unfortunate recipient of a bad Valentine’s Day gift. Sometimes, significant others miss the mark. Or think Valentine’s Day is a funny time for a gag gift.
Go to our Facebook page and in a comment, tell us about your terrible Valentine’s Day gift. One lucky winner will receive a free bouquet. Think of it as a consolation gift. The contest starts now, and ends Friday, February 21 at 11:59pm.
Did your husband get you a weight loss drug? Did your boyfriend get you a little velvet box…with a keychain inside? If the answer is yes, you might be able to turn your misery into flowers!